Wednesday 21 November 2012

November Topbox

Another Topbox!

As I mentioned last month, I am not longer subscribed to Glymm. I used to be subscribed to Loosebutton's Luxebox too, but alas they didn't make the cut.

It seems that every single subscription company is raising their prices... Glymm is now $12 a month, Luxebox is something like $26 a quarter? Now there's Glossybox which is somewhere in the mid 20s too, so it seems there aren't any $10 boxes left.

However, Topbox is the only box still with a waitlist... so knowing I'm in, I'm going to stay in.

Let's hop into what I got!

Yay for:
Roberto Cavalli Perfume                                                 5ml

This is the cutest packaging. The top feels a little flimsy... if I'm impatient and trying to open this in a hurry I could just snap the opening right off. However, it is a pleasant scent. Actually both my mom and I both like this, which is unusual. It is musky, but not overly so. It isn't a grandma old-person floral-shop type scent. I think this is perfect for wintertime.

China Glaze Nail Polish in I Herd That                           Full Size (14ml)

Yes! I love nail polish. I have about 70+ bottles, but I can't seem to stop collecting them. Granted, I do actually use them, so they're not going to waste. This is a glittery gold with some green and red flecks in it, absolutely wonderful for Christmas.This comes from the Safari collection... as you can tell from the awful pun.

Make up for Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner                            Size not on pencil

This glides on very smoothly and has great staying power. I hate to fall in love with this since the full size is so expensive...

Meh for:
Cuccio Naturale Pomegranate and Fig Body Butter        9.24g

This seems delicious, but this is a cream. Nothing overly spectacular about it. Plus it has an annoying little cap that seems to snap off at the most inopportune times. More of a packaging issue than anything else.

Overall Impression of November's Box:
Another good box. Good variety of skincare and makeup. People have been demanding more makeup, and they've got it! At least one makeup item per box. And I'll never deny or reject nail polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment