Wednesday 29 February 2012

February Glymm Box!

Seemed to me that people were extra complain-y this month. Looking at the Facebook page you’d think everyone hated Glymm.

I waited patiently and got my box on the 27th, a day before the expected delivery date. I’m not upset… so long as I get my box then I’m happy.

Yay for:

Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose                                          Full Size 4.25g

I’ve bought these personally before, and I’ve always adored Burt’s Bees lip balms. I haven’t tried the Rose tint before, I’ve had Hibiscus and some other colour I can’t remember… but this is nice. It has a very subtle scent that I’m not wild about, but the colour is nice and the balm is very moisturizing.

Nay for:

Glamglow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask                         7ml/0.24oz

I have oily skin. I do not want more glow/sheen/radiance/whatever. It does tingle, a little more than I’d prefer, but again… this would be better suited to a different skin type.

Meh for:

Sula Natural Cream Shadow in Why Not?                                  Full Size 0.15oz

Well, this is okay. I love cream shadows, but this shimmery golden green colour has surpassed shimmery into sparkly for me. I am not a fan of shimmery/sparkly/glittery things… never have been. The colour would have been so much more appreciated had it been less shimmery. It is decently pigmented and it comes in a lovely glass jar, it’s just the shimmer I’m not a fan of.

Mai Couture 2-1 Oil Blotting/Bronzing Papier                         2 Sheets

I am so glad I didn’t get the blush papers that some other clients got… I don’t use blush. Not because I don’t like the concept, but because my cheeks are naturally very rosy. So I was happy to see the bronzing papers instead, but a little bit disappointed to read that they too have shimmer. Enough shimmer! This comes with 2 sheets which is supposed to be enough for 4 uses… I’ll save the rest for the summertime. For 99% of the time I’m all for matte products, including bronzers.

Overall impression of February’s box:
Overall I’m very pleased with my tinted lip balm, and I am going to get a lot of use out of the cream shadow… I’d say this box is worth more than the $10, but one complaint I’ve heard again and again with Glymm is that their products are not suited at all to their customers. They’ve been working on creating a client profile that is accurate to people’s skin tones and skin types/preferences, but as of yet there hasn’t been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment