Thursday 16 February 2012

February Julep Maven Box!

I caved… I signed up for Julep.

I had been seeing an irresistible promotion online (you get your first month for only a penny. $0.01. Not a joke). So of course how could I refuse?

Packaged very securely
Each month Julep lets you know what colours you’ll get BEFORE you place your order. Unlike most subscription services that are out there (Glymm, Topbox, Luxebox, and Glossybox), there’s no guessing what’ll be in your box.

They did include a little extra though: a cute Oscar-statue-chocolate! Adorable. …And delicious.

In my box there was a cuticle oil (in a very convenient and mess-free roller ball form). There’s 8.2ml in it, but with how many hand creams and lotions I use on my hands, I’m not really sure how long this will last.

Along with the oil there were two polishes. One in a very beautiful navy blue. It has a slight gold-green shimmer in it, very iridescent. I like this one. I don’t have anything too similar.

The other polish is a gold sparkle. It has some medium sized glitter and I do have several golds already (a shatter, a solid, and a matte), however this is different enough that I am drawn to it.

Each polish does have significantly less in the bottle than normal polishes (which usually contain between 12-15ml), this one has 8ml each. I’ve noticed that is the main complaint when it comes to Julep… that their polishes are expensive, and do not have that much product. Note, I have only finished two polishes in my life. So I don’t really think that’s a big issue for me personally.

One thing I love about these (and several other brands of polish) is that they’re 3-free. So no harmful chemicals to put on my nails! I really, really wish more brands would follow suit. Considering how often I paint my nails, it’d be nice to know I’m not slowly killing myself.

Overall, very impressed with this first box. I do need to thoroughly consider whether I’m going to continue with other months… $20 is not an exorbitant amount of money, but it is if it’s every single month. I’ll probably skip some future months. But this is a great start! Plus, free shipping (even to Canada) is wonderful!

Roses from Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment