Friday 18 May 2012

May Glymm Box



I didn’t have to wait too long to get my Glymm box this month! I, like every Glymm subscriber, probably noticed that we got emails stating that Glymm would be changing their prices. Now, this doesn’t affect current subscribers. So for all the oldies out there, our price remains at $10 a month as a sign of good faith and for loyalty. However, for any new subbies, their price will be $12 a month.

That’s all fine with me! Besides, from the impression I got from this month, it looks like the quality and amount of samples may be improving.

I did notice on the card that it now lists how many uses that can be expected from the samples. I don’t know how accurate it is, it will definitely depend on the length of people’s hair, how dry people’s skin is… etc. But I will say that three pages of samples is awesome…

Yay for:
Coola Mineral Matte Cucumber Face Sunscreen                           5ml
I was actually in London Drugs the other day looking for sunscreen. It’s tough to find a good sunscreen for the face that isn’t greasy or stinky. But I’m hoping this will fit the bill for now.

NuMe HydroPunch Hydrating Conditioner                                               20ml
Can never go wrong with a conditioner. It has a foil seal, but I can still smell through it and it smells wonderful!

Mereadesso Lip Treats in Sheer Rose                                             Full Size 1.2grams
I am excited for this. It is quite a light pink, but more than anything I’m happy about the size of this. This will last me a long time.

Caudalie Crushed Cabernet Scrub                                                 60grams
Ack. This packaging is so cute. I can’t even handle it! It’s totally in its own little pot, and I’m going to be reusing this for different things. Maybe even candy.

Meh for:
Honorary Meh for the new Glymm bag!
Though like the MyGlam bag available in the States, I do worry that after a few months I’ll have NO clue what to do with all these bags. Cardboard is a lot easier for me to recycle than a gift bag.

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum                      1ml
Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet                                      1ml
These are tiny, and difficult to open. Plus you can’t reseal them! I know Caudalie samples are pricey, but these look like one-use products.

CK One for Her                                                                                  1.2ml
CK Shock for Him                                                                              1.2ml
I like Calvin Klein perfumes, so I’m excited for mine. I do like that these are in spray bottles opposed to those dumb caps you pop open that causes spilling everywhere… the For Him is going to a special someone!

Overall Impression of May’s Box:
I am pleased, and my hope for Glymm has been restored. I think at this point it’s clear that no company is going to keep every customer satisfied at all times. It isn’t the nature of business. But they’ve been listening to feedback, and it seems to me they’re doing their best to make improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment