Thursday 3 May 2012

Pet Peeve of the Day

DRESS PANTS

Well, ladies dress pants.
Above is the child of the demon of impracticality
Firstly, traditional ladies dress pants have no front pockets. I am a fan of pockets. They are great for storing things - and for me personally - I can stick my awkward hands in there and avoid flailing my limbs.

They also have no back pockets either. No pockets! In fact, the back is an unflattering empty space, with space only for striped patterns or your large behind to peek through. Great.

Dress pants also flare out at the bottom. I know in the last decade or so it's easier to find skinny or bootcut dress pants, but those aren't the norm. You're paying extra to have a flattering cut. I'm sorry, but the 70s are (sadly) over, and a flare doesn't fit in this decade.

Dress pants don't stretch the way I like stretch to stretch!

Dress pants are made with this strange itchy material. They just won't ever be as comfortable as jeans. Or leggings. Or sweatpants...

They look ridiculous with sneakers.

For any workplace that makes business wear or casual business wear mandatory, dress pants will be the death of me. I hate them. They aren't comfortable and they don't go with my colourful things! I am not a formal person! I just want to be able to wear sweatpants to a workplace and not have everyone judging me to be a homeless person. Comfort does not equal homelessness. It equals practicality.

No comments:

Post a Comment