Sunday 21 October 2012

October Topbox


Another month, another box!

Yay for:

Stila Eye-Shadow Palette Sampler                                               10 swatches
 

A lot of people are complaining that this is a tiny worthless sample. I actually really like this idea… it gives people an opportunity to try AN ENTIRE PALETTE before deciding whether they like it. This to me is a better idea than say giving a bigger sized sample of one or two colours… especially with how picky some people can be about what colours they like. I will say all these colours are very shimmery, so I’ll be choosy about when to try them out. 

MaskerAide Detox Diva Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask  1 Sheet

This looks like fun, I’m going to enjoy trying this out. I prefer having the mask in liquid/cream/lotion form so that I can choose where on my face I am going to apply the product, but this suits me just fine!


Meh for:

Stila LipGlaze in Raspberry                                                           1.5ml


I like Stila. There’s nothing wrong with the brand. But I don’t like lipglosses. I often find they’re very sticky, and this one is no exception. In fact, Stila’s Lipglazes are notorious for being overly sticky. It looks okay, smells okay, but my hair is all up in this lipglosses’ business. I would have much preferred getting the Prime Pot, which I saw some subscribers got instead. 

Nay for:
Endocare Concentrated Serum                                          2 Ampoules (7ml each)

I’m not sold on this yet. It’s made out of snail secretions. I’m not saying there’s animal cruelty abounding here, but I am curious to know how they would get the secretions off a snail. And who tested this! On their face! Maybe I’ll try it…

Endocare Tensage Radiance Contour Eye Cream                       3ml (the little tube on the left)

This sounds a little bit more ‘normal’ to me. I’m just running out of eye cream so I’m glad to be able to move on to a different kind. 

Overall Impression of October's Box:
 I liked this month. I'm not a huge fan of skincare over makeup, but I do think it's good that they have a balance. It seems like a lot of people were disappointed this month, but I am quite pleased. It was the eye-shadow palette that redeemed the box for me this month. Not every month can be a complete hit, but I think I'll get good use out of most of these products!

No comments:

Post a Comment