Wednesday 18 July 2012

July Topbox




I got my Topbox nice and early this month, as usual. Unlike other subscription boxes, it never seems like I’m waiting forever for my box.

I got a few items I am very stoked about!

Yay for:
China Glaze in Purple Panic (Neon)                                                           Full size

I am so glad I didn’t get Innocence (I saw some other people got it), because I already have it. The card that accompanies the Topbox claims this colour is a personalized shade… and I’m inclined to believe them. The only thing about this colour is that it dries nearly matte. I do like my polishes shiny, so I just finish it with a nice topcoat.

NuMe Hydropunch Shampoo                                                                      20ml

I got the Conditioner version of this sample in my May Glymm Box, so I will say I am very happy that I got the Shampoo equivalent of this too. I tried the conditioner a few times, and I really liked it. At first I thought it was kind of runny, but it is definitely moisturizing. Plus it smells amazing and the scent lasts throughout the day.

Sampar Essentials Ultra Hydrating Fluid                                               2 Pouches

These came in two little plastic pouch thingys. I’ve only tried one, but I did generally enjoy it. It did leave a film-like layer over my skin. I’m not a huge fan of that, but since this product is marketed toward preventing polluting damage and so on, I’ll go on and suspend my cynicism. Sure, that’s the point of the film.

Nay for:
Nothing! I liked everything in this month’s box!

Meh for:
Pure + Simple Calming Cucumber Mask                                               20ml

I like the idea of this. I like the packaging (so cute!) and the scent is decent. However, it doesn’t seem to do anything! It kind of absorbs instantly into my skin and disappears! At first I thought it was because my skin was dry and needed more moisture… but then when I washed my face later a thin layer of residue came with it. I like masks where I can tell I’ve put a mask on. I just wanted to like this more than I did.

NuMe Gift Certificate                                                                                  For $100

I’ve gotten a gift certificate for NuMe from Glymm before, and I didn’t use it. I won’t be using it now either. Many people have mentioned how you can find NuMe products at Winners or other discount stores for about $30… No matter how you calculate it, that’s a good deal. Plus if you order online, the cheapest item is about $100, and you have to pay about $15 for shipping. I don’t like that too much.

Overall Impression of July's Box:
Enjoyed! Delighted! Can't wait for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment