Monday 20 August 2012

August Glymm Box/Bag


This month I got my Glymm Bag quite early (on the 16th of the month). As soon as I took the bag from my Postman’s hands, I noted how light it felt.
Alas, I was not to be dismayed YET.

Then I unwrapped everything and was left very underwhelmed. Well, I like all of the products… but they’re all so SMALL. So yes, there are items that I am stoked about, but only because they’re there in the first place… I’m very unimpressed with the sizing.

Yay for:
Vitamin & Sea Mineral Clay Mask                           5g

This comes in a little glass jar, about the size of a lip balm tin. According to the online product information, this will last 3 uses. I say it’ll last 3 uses if you have a very small face… this isn’t going to go too far. It feels okay… but the scent is a little odd. Very earthy.

Benta Berry Crème Hydratante Regulatrice                      3ml

On the Glymm Facebook page, they were revealing little parts of this product each day, building up anticipation. I think this was very misleading… as we received such a small sample. I’ve heard of Benta Berry before and have heard good things, but I want to be able to try this out for more than just once or twice!

Nay for:
Mai Couture Foundation Powder Paper in Fair Glow       2 papers

I don’t like the idea of smearing paper on my face. That’s pretty much why this isn’t for me.

The Laundress Delicate Wash                                 15ml

I find it very impractical to buy specialized laundry detergent for delicates. I figure that’s what my delicate cycle on my washer is for! I’ll save this for vacations… even though putting regular detergent into a zip-lock baggie and hand-washing would probably yield the same results. What pains me about this month’s bag is that THIS IS THE LARGEST SAMPLE. And it’s laundry detergent!

Meh for:
Naked Princess Luscious Lip Gloss in Barely Blush           0.25g

I’m not crazy about the shade I got. I’d much prefer something darker, though from the looks of it this brand doesn’t supply very many darker shades. It does have a very pleasing scent though, however small the sample may be.

D’Atelier Cologne in Vanilla Insensee                     2ml

This is a very intense smell. Very strong. I much preferred the one we got from D’Atelier Cologne a few months back, that smelled exactly like oranges. I find Vanilla scents a little overpowering.

Overall Impression of August’s Bag:

Bring back the Box! Bring back the product information cards! Bring back full sized products! I saw some other customers got full sized nail polishes in their bags, and I feel very envious. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment