Saturday 25 August 2012

Thought of the Day

If I ever pulled out my cell phone in class during high school, my teacher would've ripped it out of my hand and kept it the entire day. And I wouldn't have screamed at them that my daddy would sue them.

What happened to respect for one's teachers and authority figures? I'm not saying we blindly accept and follow precisely what they say, rather that we should have some critical thought and realize these people are trying to mold our brains. Maybe we shouldn't be texting about what Johnny was doing in the bathroom with Katie.

Now, I didn't grow up with a cell phone. My parents had one (to share between the 3 of us) in high school, which they lent to me when I went out. I didn't have one for school until my first year in University. So I don't get or fathom the difficulties teachers have to face with all this new technology. But I figure cell phones are the modern day note-passing.

Yup. If a teacher were to catch a student passing notes? Expect the note to be read aloud. And you know what? It builds character.

Your $300 smart phone? I don't think that builds character. Not when daddy bought it for you.

So c'mon guys. Have some respect. Realize that these years in high school DO determine what happens during your future. That Johnny and Katie aren't the bane of your existence. That you are more than just what happens in your social circle. Put your damn phone down and take a look around at the world around you for a bit. You may find the world is actually quite fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment