Tuesday 21 August 2012

August Topbox

Yes!! Another good month for Topbox. Let’s jump right into what I got!

Yay for:
Chloe L’eau de Chloe Scented Body Lotion                                    30ml

This smells very light and surprisingly fresh. This is a very good sample size, in an adorable little package. I’m going to reuse this bottle after the lotion is all gone for sure.

Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume                                                    4ml

Two fragrance samples? Oh my! Both with adorable packaging? Perfect! I love this little bottle with the dotted butterfly on the top. It smells floral, but not overwhelmingly so. I do like Marc Jacobs scents, so I’m excited to get to try this one out.

Kellett Skincare Clarifying Acne Treatment                       10ml

This comes in a little pump bottle, which is very convenient. It looks very sleek. I haven’t tried this before but I know my skin reacts to benzoyl peroxide much better than salicylic acid. So I’m glad they offer this product, as most acne treatments have salicylic acid.

Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Hydrating Conditioner       89ml
Nexxus Therappe Luxurious Hydrating Shampoo                        89ml

These are HUGE samples! Considering they’re shampoos and conditioners? I can’t believe it! These are perfect for travelling. The shampoo smells like coconut to me, and the conditioner is a bit more fruity. I am very impressed with the size!

Nay for:
Nothing. Very happy with this month’s box.

Meh for:
Expression Blush Brush                                                       Full Size

I don’t hate this. I don’t love it. I don’t use blush so I’ll use this for powder or something else. I’d rather have an eyeshadow brush or something else. But no big deal, it’ll still get used.

Pink Wipes Feminine Wipe                                                  1 wipe

I don’t really see the appeal in these. I understand they’re convenient and good for travel, but they’re not really for me.

Overall Impression of August’s Box:
I’m very pleased. Great sized samples with a bit of everything. I would like to see some more makeup, but from the email Topbox sent, looks like we’ll be getting more makeup in upcoming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment