Friday 5 April 2013

Rant of the Day

There's a glitch on iPhones.

It's a known glitch. That hasn't yet been fixed. It's infuriating.

Basically, users try to text message. Your iPhone freezes and jumps back to your home screen. You try to go back into messages to try again, but it freezes and hops back to the home screen. You can keep trying forever but you'll be popped back to the home screen.
So you do the obvious thing. You restart your phone. Turn it off, wait a bit... turn it back on.

Yes, the text messages work again... but your contacts are gone. So good luck texting someone if you don't know who is associated with all these seemingly random numbers now on your screen.

Now, I back my shit up. Not because I am paranoid, but because once (long ago) iTunes asked me if I wanted to backup my information to the computer and I must have clicked yes. Apparently there are plenty of users who haven't backed up their iPhones ever. This includes my mom, and many of my friends.

Thankfully I had a backup. But the backup was from February. It means I'll get my information back, but my phone will magically go back in time to February.

I lost a lot of patience and a few new contacts between then and now, and a few pictures... I'm very happy that I was able to retrieve my information.

I just wish I didn't have to go through all that trouble to get something back that I should never have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment