Friday 19 April 2013

Review: Coola Sunscreen

I love SPF. SPF in my lotion. In my makeup. In lipbalms. In any form. I say 10 points for not getting skin cancer, another 10 points for getting a tan without freckles, and 10 points for general preparedness.

I got a small sample of the Coola Cucumber Matte Sunscreen in a Glymm box months and months ago. I liked it so much that I purchased the full sized version from the Glymm store shortly afterward. I liked that so much that I've been hooked. I love this Coola stuff.
But it ain't cheap. The tube I got retails for around $36. For a small 50ml of sunscreen? Ridiculous. But I'll say this is the only sunscreen I've ever tried that actually stays matte on my face. Even after swimming, running around, being out in summery hot weather.

It is also not easy to find. I've found it once on Hautelook, once online at Chapters, and that's it. Specialty beauty stores carry it, but I find their stock inconsistent and unpredictable. That's why I buy 2 tubes at a time, just in case. Buying any more than 2 tubes means risking the product going bad. I usually don't believe that product goes bad, but for SPF I think there definitely is an expiry date. 

I don't care about the scent much. I could do without it. I find any scent for face products end up fading after a few minutes anyway, so why bother scenting anything. However, the matte effects stays.
Sometimes I'll put this on under my moisturizer on nights I'm going out to concerts. I don't get shiny at all, even if I'm sweaty. I look COOL.

Hence, I suppose, the name. Fantastic stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment