Monday 6 May 2013

Pet Peeve of the Day

When I complain that Vancouver is too cold and rainy to dress summery, but when it starts to warm up I don't dress like it's warm.

Guess I can always find SOMETHING to complain about.

See, I have a lot of summer clothes. A ton. Too many. I know I have too many. I buy lots when it is summertime because I love them. So I like wearing them. I can't wear them 9 months of the year because usually it is too darn cold.

Vancouver is a place where it is actually practical to use the hood on your hoodie. Not for style. Substance.

But for whatever reason when it finally gets warm enough to change into sandals and shorts, I don't. I wear black outfits for the first 2 weeks that it's nice.
I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like I'm not convinced that it'll stay nice... almost as if the weather is fooling me.

Sometimes it does fool me and it rains the very next day. But I guess so I don't look like I'm off to a funeral, I'll start wearing some of my hoard of summery clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment