Thursday 21 June 2012

June Glymm Box/Bag

I love getting two packages in a row in the mail. Yes!

Once again, it looks like Glymm is now mailing out their samples in a little cosmetics bag instead of the old pink box. I’m not sure how I feel about this… I’ve already got plenty of cosmetic bags, and they’re going to start piling up. And fabric bags are a lot harder to recycle than cardboard. Not sure how they think this is being ‘green.’ I can’t really see myself giving these away to people… almost everyone I know has a cosmetics bag!

Also, they’ve gotten rid of the little card that came with every box describing the products. I loved those cards. I have kept all my old ones, so that I can keep track of the different samples and sizes of samples I’ve received in the past. Now we have to go online to search for the information.

Yay for:
La Fresh Acetone-free Nail Polish Remover Wipes                       2 Wipes (2 uses)

I was just about to go out and buy some of these to try. I’m going on vacation in a week and I’ve been considering bringing a little bottle of polish remover. But that is so messy and inconvenient. So I’m glad I will get a chance to try these. I can’t see these as being good for regular use. I mostly view them as being meant for travel.

Clark’s Botanicals Intense Radiance Mask                                     Size not on product

I do like masks. I don’t use them often (once a week maybe), but I do always like trying different types. More than anything I find them very relaxing. On the Glymm website it claims you can get 10-14 uses out of this. I highly doubt that. It’s just a little pot! Unless you have a very tiny face, I say you’re going to get 3-4 uses max.

Belvada Duo Lipstick Harmony                                                       3.4g (full size)

This packaging is ridiculously cool. It’s got lip balm on one end, and a lipstick on the other. You push each side to get access to the other side. In terms of the colour I got for the lipstick (Intense Red), it is a little too intense for me. It’s like bright Crayola red.

Nay for:
They included the Glymm bag as one of their products! I hardly consider that to be part of the 4-5 deluxe-samples I am receiving. Are they going to start including the CanadaPost packaging as well? What about the tissue paper used to wrap the bag? It’s a slippery slope…

Meh for:
Vitamin and Sea Perfect Skin Solution Skin Oil                                  1ml

The only oil I use is olive oil. This sounds like it has a lot of different ingredients in it, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’ll try it.

ItIsDream Salvadore Dali Perfume                                                             1ml

Personal preference. The scent isn’t my favourite. It’s too strong! Too sweet, too fruity, too floral.

Overall Impression of June’s Box/Bag:

I think this month was average. Glymm has been making some marketing changes that I don’t entirely agree with. I miss the card outlining the products. I miss the old cardboard box the products used to come in. I didn’t hate any of the products I got, and I’m glad they had a bit of skincare, a little makeup, and other products too. But the very first impression I got when I picked up the bag was, ‘this is so light.’ I for one equate heavier and bigger samples as being more worthwhile. At least I’d get more uses out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment