Thursday 20 September 2012

September Glymm Bag/Box


From what I’ve received here, I (like many others) may be unsubcribing from Glymm. Their products just don’t compare to Topbox.

Now, I’m not saying Glymm is altogether crappy. They have some interesting and fun samples. But they just aren’t as good as Topbox’s. I haven’t gotten a full sized sample from Glymm in months. So that being said, it’s time to commit to Topbox and move on.

I wish it were that simple… I’m waiting for an order from the Glymm store. One of the two items is out of stock so I’m waiting for that to become available. The waiting game.

So this will be one of the last reviews for Glymm… though I’ve already been charged for October so it may be one or two more reviews (depending on how much longer the item will take to get delivered to me).

Yay for:
La Fresh Waterproof Makeup Remover                                                   2 wipes

I like these. We got samples of La Fresh Nail Polish Remover Pads before, and they work marvelously. Surprisingly effective, considering the wipes are NOT that big. These actually smell great too. They’re inexpensive, so if you can find these in stores I’d say pick them up.

Nay for:

I didn’t hate anything.

Meh for:

Evolvh UltraShine Moisture Shampoo + Evolvh UltraShine Moisture Conditioner  59ml

I’ll count these as one. The conditioner smells okay, but I couldn’t actually pick up much of a scent from the shampoo. I am crazy about smells… I love products that smell nice. So it’s kind of curious that the shampoo didn’t have much of a scent at all. Good size though, comes in a good bottle sized for travel. Sadly, Glymm always seems to give out hair products, so I’ve got quite a few of these stockpiled.

Villainess Dulce En Fuego Whipped Body Crème                                 No size information

This is very small. So small, in fact, that it is difficult to make out the label. And my eyesight isn’t terrible. The packaging is actually quite kitschy and quaint, if it were bigger. This is about the size of a lip balm tin. And this is meant to be a crème? Good luck getting this all over one entire limb. It smells okay. Not great, not terrible. Just a kind of natural crème scent.

Bentaberry Super Moisturizing Face Cream for Girls                            3ml

This is miniscule. Paltry. Meager. Almost a little bit insulting. I could maybe use this 3-4 times, not the claimed 7. It smells nice, and I’ve heard great things about Bentaberry… so I wish the sample could give us a better feel to the product. I’m glad I got to try this at all, but I definitely wouldn’t call this a luxury sample.

Overall impression of September’s bag:

Eh. Meh. Decent. Average. Mediocre. Not fabulous, but not entirely disappointing. It’s just hard not to compare Glymm to Topbox, especially when Topbox has been doing so well lately in impressing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment