Tuesday 18 September 2012

Thought of the Day

It can be a very sunny, warm, gorgeous day out. This doesn't mean you won't have frustrations, difficulties, and troubles.
It could be the beginning of summer with your prospects spread out before you, but that doesn't mean life will get any easier.
Trials and tribulations. Ah, how they seem to follow us around. And no, life isn't fair. I could smoke all my life and never get cancer. We can't pick and choose how that stuff works.
But sometimes, when I'm sitting here frustrated, intolerant, and impatient... all I want is for some fairness. Equality. Opportunity.
Someone telling me that 'life isn't easy' is never what I want to hear. Because I know this fact all too well, I tell others the same thing when they complain... Which may be why I like to do most of my complaining inside my head, inside the little ulcer forming inside of me like a tumor...

So it can be the nicest of moments, the most relaxing of scenes and calming of breezes that comes your way. This doesn't make things easier. But that moment, that tiny incalculable moment where you pause to enjoy what's around you?
I'd say just that one iota of happiness is worth all the shit.

I wish I could just remember that when I'm feeling shitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment