Wednesday 21 March 2012

March Glymm Box!

People just can’t quit complaining online… I’ve seen so many people frustrated with how they haven’t gotten their delivery yet. I live on the West Coast. Everything takes longer to get to me, so I’m used to it. These people are spoiled, in my opinion. I understand the concept of customer service, and of the principle of good service… but really… did forests burn when your package came late? Did children screen in the streets for their mothers? Did the earth tilt?

Nope. We’re all still here. And you’re bitching about a $10 a month subscription? If it bothers you so much then DO something. Cancel. Post ONCE about it and leave. Don’t just plague the Facebook Wall with your incessant criticisms.

Enough ranting… onto my box!

Yay for:

Ocean Nail Polish in Crimson Catwalk                                Full Size 15ml

First off, I peeked (as I usually do) and was excited to see many people got a BB cream and a nail polish. I was very fortunate to get the nail polish in a colour I actually like! I heard some people got quite sheer neutrals and those looked kind of streaky… I have a lot of reds already but it really won’t hurt to have another. I already painted my nails today but I’ll be sure to try this one out soon.

M. ASAM Magic Fini                                                               5ml

So many people complained WITHOUT TRYING THIS PRODUCT OUT FIRST that this was too dark for them. This isn’t a foundation. It’s like a BB cream. It’s meant to really, really sheer out and blend into your skin. I tried it a bit today (not on my entire face) and it was a little drying… could just be that it snowed here the last two days and my skin is just dry, but we’ll see.

Anastasia Lip Gloss in Sorbet                                               1ml

I find this quite sticky, but I have never minded sticky lip glosses… I’ve always been under the impression that lip glosses are inherently sticky so no complaints. This is actually quite pink. I usually have a lot of peach and red lip glosses, so this is nice. The packaging is also very cute, although small.

Nay for:

NuMe feather hair extensions in green and black                        Full Size (3 Extensions)

This was the main downside to the box. Many people criticized this online, and I’ll have to agree… it seems like NuMe sent out the reject colours. Some people got purple and black, red and black, yellow and black… but no neutral or normal hair colours. I understand it’s a fun piece, not meant for practicality… but it’s too young for me. And I’m still in my early 20s. I can’t imagine going into work with this in my hair either… yikes. I’d look like a bumble bee on acid.

Meh for:

Coup D’Eclat Instant Facial Energizer                                1ml

This one is very similar to the Lise Watier Flash Radiance Vial that I’ve received before in a sample box. However, I am not into glowy/radiance/sheen looks. Just isn’t my taste. But this is a nice bonus, as it wasn’t listed on the card.

Overall impression of March’s box:

I really liked most of the products… I’m ALWAYS happy to get a full size (or even sample size) or nail polish and lip gloss. Honestly I can overlook the fact that I got green feather extensions, because I did get a bonus product (the flash radiance vial). Even though I saw many people got repeat products as their bonus instead of something brand new, I am happy with what I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment