Tuesday 28 January 2014

Rant of the Day: Poor Customer Service

I get an email on December 20th, 2013, inviting me to a ceremony. The ceremony is scheduled for January 29th, 2014.

On December 21st, I reply to this email with a few questions. Standard stuff.

No response for weeks.

So I send another email on January 6th, 2014. You know, I gave it around 2 weeks.

Tonight, January 28th, I get an email with a response. Less than 24 hours before the ceremony.
I wish I could say this is the first time I've had a delayed response from this particular person who works at a major University, but it isn't.

This is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had, and I worked in customer service for over 3 years. I never took NEARLY SIX WEEKS to reply to someone.

Not that this is a time sensitive subject or anything... it's just about a ceremony... no biggie, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment