Monday 6 January 2014

Thought of the Day

Doctors who think putting something into someone's eye is easy, are morons.

Specifically, my vet thinks putting ointment into Luna's eye THREE times a day, is easy.

There are a few obstacles that I have encountered.


  • She has claws and doesn't mind using them on me
  • She has teeth and doesn't mind using them on me
  • She has these sad questioning eyes that make me feel like the betrayer of all her trust
  • She makes this sad hrrmmmhmmm noises
  • The stupid ointment applicator tube is impossible to unscrew with one hand
  • The dumb ointment applicator tube squeezes out either too much product, or not enough
  • The idiotic ointment comes out in a swirl, as opposed to a line of product that is impossible to apply
  • She has claws and doesn't mind using them on me
In addition to these things, I am on my own in trying to hold her down and apply this ghastly stuff. I've gotten some on me, it stinks. I'm sure it stings her, makes her vision blurry, and shakes her faith in humankind. 

No one can help me. I have to somehow wedge her adorable little body between me and the floor, use one hand to force her eye open, and the other to somehow unscrew the tube, keep the tip from getting contaminated (so it can't touch ANYTHING), then squeeze it quickly into her eye before she realizes what's happening, jumps up, bites me, attacks, whatever. 

Three times a day? Yes, Miss Vet, sure. That'll happen. With all the trust I'm breaking, you're lucky I get one full application in there. 

Then I take a look at my poor kitty, see her eye weepy, and fear her eyeball will just explode. So I suck it up. I try my best. I wear my battle wounds with pride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment