Wednesday 6 March 2013

It's my Birthday!

It's my birthday! It really snuck up on me this year. It isn't that I'm overly busy or anything, it's just that February was so short that the beginning of March just ran up to me, poked me in the butt, and said Hello.

Friendlier than last year when I had time to plan something but still didn't. That's more like a gentle slap.

So here I am, another year older. I'm not sure what exactly that means, as I still don't act or look my age. The only thing is that I FEEL older. I exercise less, I'm lazier. I think in more 'big-picture' terms. I make plans for the year instead of just the weekend.


And thinking ahead, I know that life is too short to be spent worrying so much. This doesn't mean I'll stop worrying, but at least I'll worry with a bit more self awareness.

So no, I'm not doing anything celebratory for my birthday. Maybe I'll get a cake and some gifts, but I've never been a fan of big parties with lots of people, loud noises, and drunken shenanigans. Guess that's the biggest proof I'm getting older.


No comments:

Post a Comment