Sunday 3 June 2012

Movie Review: Battleship (2012)


Rating: PG-13
IMDB Rating: 6.2/10

The plot according to IMDB:
A fleet of ships is forced to do battle with an armada of unknown origins in order to discover and thwart their destructive goals.

This is probably one of the worst ‘action films’ I’ve seen in ages. I usually wish action movies would last longer to get more fight scenes, etc… but in this case it was quite the opposite. I couldn’t wait to skip forward and see the conclusion. And no, the ending wasn’t that epic.

Highlights:
  • There were some decent alien scenes
  • Ships. In battle
  • Decently good looking cast

Lowlights:
  • Rihanna’s acting skills
  • Poor dialogue
  • Weak conclusion

My Verdict:
I wish I could get those hours of my life back. It was predictable, average, and extremely mediocre. It was almost as if there was too much forced action… that the director was just trying to stuff in as much action to compensate for the poor dialogue as possible. Rihanna can sing, and she makes extremely catchy music… but she shouldn’t break into acting. Not if this is the type of role she’ll be playing.
4.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment