Monday 28 January 2013

App Review: Open Table

So there's another new App that's getting all this attention because it's AWESOME.

It's called Opentable.

This App has been around for a while, but I've only recently started using it. Usually for these newer 'fad' Apps I like to give it a few weeks (or even months) for them to work out the kinks.

Basically this App lists off restaurants in your area and you can make reservations through the App. By honouring these reservations (showing up, eating, then paying), you get 100 points per meal. These points add up until you redeem them for cheques (I think the lowest denomination is $25) that you can use at any participating Opentable restaurant.

So naturally I thought this was amazing. I hate calling places to make reservations. I get snooty people, haughty people, busy people, noisy people. I'd much rather have an automated system.

Opentable is also great because it allows you to choose from selected dining times. The most popular are obviously 6, 6:30, and 7... and I've never had a problem booking a table during one of those times. Another thing is, you can go to the Opentable website, OR use the App. Both have very user-friendly interfaces.

At first I was worried that Opentable would only have a very select number of restaurants. Or they'd only have the most 'expensive' restaurants. That isn't the case. Yes, most of the restaurants on Opentable are of the more posh and upscale variety, but you'd make reservations to eat at those places anyway, right? So you might as well earn points whilst doing so.
Opentable also includes some 'less fancy' restaurants, and some chain restaurants are included.

I really dig this App and intend to use it each time I plan on dining out!

No comments:

Post a Comment