Friday 18 January 2013

January Topbox

This is my final Topbox. Sadly.

This month was amazing... they gave me amazing samples in generous sizes. But truly, I cannot use up all the samples I've been receiving via subscription. Plus it really adds up over the months, and I think I'd rather spend my money on other products for now.

I may join Topbox again, but I'm going to take a break for about a year.

This month was themed. Basically Topbox has this new program where your sample tube will be filled with samples from ONE brand. These are supposed to be prestige brands, and each month Topbox members can choose from the regular Topbox or the special "Privé box."

Cute little Clinique branded Topbox box. Adorbs.
However, one caveat that Topbox didn't mention is that the Privé boxes are in limited quantities, so basically members have to make a wishlist and HOPE they get the Privé boxes that month. Kind of a crap-shoot if you ask me. Many subscribers have also shown concern that only beauty bloggers and Youtubers are going to be receiving the Privé boxes... and I can't help but imagine there's some reason for that concern.

Onto my Clinique box:

Rinse off Makeup Remover Solvent: I've used this before on my sensitive eyes and it's fantastic. Doesn't irritate or sting, plus it doesn't feel too 'soapy' or have too much residue.
Clarifying Lotion in 3: This is what my Mom and I have both been using for years (my mom for decades). She and I both love this stuff. We both also use the number 3 lotion, so I'm glad Topbox actually considered my beauty profile for this selection. I've photographed it next to the makeup remover for size comparison.
Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector: I've heard many good things about this but haven't ever tried it. I know this runs for quite the pretty penny in stores, so I'm glad I'll get a chance to try this. My mom was actually very stoked about this too, as she has dark spots. There's even a manual for usage, in case you didn't think skincare was complicated enough...
Finally, the Colour Eyeshadow Duo: This is cute. I have a few of these from Clinique promo bags in the past, but this is by far the 'springest' colour duo I've gotten. There's a pink! Plus it slides out of an adorable mirrored slot. Love.

Overall impression of January's box:

I am very pleased with what I got this month. I am glad to see that Topbox seems to be paying attention to what subscribers want, and are making changes. I am sorry to unsubscribe, but that's how the story always goes. Maybe one day I'll be rich and can afford subscribing to 4 subscription boxes a month. But for right now that's not the case... Alas I will be stuck using up my samples and shopping in stores like a regular consumer for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment