Tuesday 12 February 2013

Thought of the Day

I never thought I'd start enjoying tea. At least, not as much as I enjoy drinking tea as I do now.

I used to drink tea. A little bit. When my stomach was upset or when I was cold, I'd drink tea.

It wasn't anything particularly special... though it was Chinese tea. My mom always believes (as do I) that there are certain teas that soothe a sore or upset stomach.

Over the years I think it's become normal to see a cupboard full of teas. Green teas, black teas, breakfast teas, herbal teas, and all sorts of weird exotic teas that we've collected over the years.

But there's been a recent fad in my life where I've been drinking a cup of tea or more a day. I'll try any decaffeinated tea I can get my hands on. Even the weird tasting ones that most people don't try. Plus High Tea is such a cute phenomena and popular activity in Vancouver that it's hard not to be hooked.


So what is it? Is it ingrained in my culture to drink tea? Or is it fast becoming more desirable to drink tea because of how many tea shops have popped up recently? Are people finally realizing the health benefits of tea?

I don't really care, to be honest. All I know is that it makes me feel warm and nice on a cold day. It calms me down and tastes good. It has no calories so it isn't detrimental to my health. What other reasons does one need to partake in something in which they enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment