Friday 8 February 2013

Thought of the Day

Crossing the farting and pooping barrier with your significant other.

When does it become okay? Does it ever?

I'm not sure if it ever becomes normal or part of every day life, but it shouldn't be entirely unacceptable. That is if my dude farts in bed by accident, sure. That's okay. But if he just lets one rip because he felt the need... then that's a little different.

Same thing with pooping. I hear of couples where one is in the shower and the other just poops right there next to them. Or one's shaving and the girl is pooping. Whatever the case may be, I believe in a little bit of mystery and privacy.

It isn't as if I don't know my man poops and farts. It happens. But I don't want it to be this deliberate thing.

More than anything, I'd like to believe we both put some effort into making ourselves desirable. Farting and pooping is not desirable. It isn't a dealbreaker if someone lets one rip, but it sure is a turn off.

I don't know. Maybe 10 years into a relationship or maybe 20, I'll just start farting and pooping and picking my nose in front of him. Maybe it'll be no big deal. But doesn't it just diminish the romance a little bit? It's as if you've become so familiar and comfortable with each other that picking your butt is okay. And it IS okay. But should being familiar and comfortable be that important?

Me getting food all over my face eating ribs, having hair stuck to my pants, toilet paper dragging on my shoe... and it being okay... That's my idea of comfortable.

Sharing bodily functions? Too comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment