Friday 27 January 2012

January Glymm Box!






1 week and a day after the initial expected delivery date, this lovely package was waiting for me at my front door!

Again, I got pretty much what everyone else got… the only difference was that my eyeliner was in ‘Wood’ (a taupey brown).

Yay for:

Cargo Eyeliner in Wood                                                                            Full Size 2g

I like this! I would have liked black, since I am running low on black eyeliner, but this is a very nice neutral colour. It is creamy, but not the creamiest formula I have tried. I haven’t tried Cargo before and I’m digging this so far.

Anastasia Eyebrow Gel                                                                              2.5ml

I have always used the Maybelline clear mascara as my brow gel, but this is fantastic too. It is a bit expensive for the full size, I’d probably stick with my $4 Maybelline one. However, I will say the formula of this is very effective and helps my brows stay in place slightly better than Maybelline.

Burt’s Bees Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion                7ml X 2

Some people complained that their lotion smelled funny… not sure if they got a bad batch or what, because I’ve actually tried the full size of this before (and I’m very happy to get more) and it smells very nice to me. So not sure what happened with other people’s boxes, but I enjoyed mine very much. In fact I squeezed out the two little sample packets into a preexisting Burt’s Bees container!

Meh for:

Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Facial Cleaning Cloths                 1 Sheet

I’ve gotten this exact thing in a Loosebutton Luxebox a few months back (before I cancelled my subscription with them), but from Luxebox I actually got 2 sheets instead of just one. I think this is a great sample, but really not enough of a sample to determine whether this product is for me. If you can’t get more than one use out of it, how can you be sure you won’t have a reaction/won’t like it?

Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator                    12g

I’m not a fan of glows/brightness/luminosity/sheens. I have naturally ‘luminous’ skin, so I don’t need any help there. I like this as an exfoliator, and it does a great job. But this product isn’t for me. Good sized sample too!

Bonus: Free RMS Lip Shine with $25 purchase.

I will mention that I purchased the Kaia Facial Cleansing Cloths (pack of 30), and a bar soap from the Glymm website. I used my Glymm points and my $10 off coupon from December’s box… and in total I paid $3 or so for taxes and that was it! So hopefully that’ll arrive soon in the mail. Very excited about Glymm’s point system and the little promos they have for their online store. It was one of the main reasons I switched from Luxebox to Glymm.

I didn’t hate anything about my box this month. All positive or neutral feelings!

I noticed a lot of people on their Facebook page that had some major complaints… I’ve never been a complainer in my life (working in customer care for over 3 years will desensitize you to anything) so it was hard to read all the negative comments about Glymm this month.

Mainly the issue was that the free RMS lip shine with $25 purchase ran out. So not everyone could get one. Glymm restocked their shelves 2 days after they ran out of stock… in that time people had flooded their Facebook wall with negative comments. It isn’t possible for a store to have unlimited stock. I agree that Glymm shouldn’t have sent out promo cards to every subscriber if they didn’t have enough stock to accommodate those orders… but to the company’s credit: no company foresees every one of their clients ordering that month for the same product. I bet most subscribers don’t order from the site regularly… and many people still won’t order it for the lip shine. It is nearly impossible to predict the number of people ordering. The point is… Glymm restocked. They have the darn lip shines. Get them if you want them and stop complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment