Saturday 7 January 2012

Update!


I’m blogging less because I have become exponentially more obsessed with games in the last few weeks.

Examples:

Tiny Tower for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad
Plants vs. Zombies for PS3 and Computer
League of Legends for computer

Between these three and the rest of my ‘life stuff,’ I’ve pretty much allocated all my free time to games instead of being productive. Not that writing is super productive by any means, but it is a wee bit more academic and meaningful than screaming at a screen for a few half-hours here and there.

If there’s a good time waster, these are it.

Tiny Tower is just a mindless free app that gets you to add floors to a tower. You hire people to work in stores, move people into apartments, stock stores and get money. The more money you make, the taller your tower gets. No real payoff. Just the satisfaction of the ‘ding’ that you hear when you’ve gotten more money.

Plants vs. Zombies… this has been game of the year before, I believe. Incredible. You plant plants that shoot things at zombies that are trying to invade your house. Youtube this!


League of Legends is similar to World of Warcraft, except it’s free and a bit less of a time-suck. You basically choose a champion and defend your territory whilst trying to invade enemy territory, and fight off minions and the enemy’s champions. I am terrible at this, but with more practice I’m hoping to become mediocre. 


Now, being obsessed with games is entirely different and separate from being good at them. I have already beat Plants vs. Zombies, but the other two aren’t really ‘beatable.’ The aim isn’t to win. It’s to improve and to dominate. I tell myself I’ll stop once classes start again… or when I get super busy with work… or when my hand starts to cramp… or when it’s 2am…

Then three hours after that…

No comments:

Post a Comment