Saturday 19 November 2011

Deals: Winners!


“Nothing lasts forever – not even your troubles.”
                        Arnold H Glasgow

My old flat iron died. Lasted me ever since grade 9 of high school, so well over 5 years. Looking at reviews online, it looks like the CHI flat irons just aren’t made to last long-term. Too bad, because I did really like it (plus it wasn’t cheap so I was bummed that I expected to have to spend over $100 for a new one).

I know a person can find very high quality things for a good affordable price, as long as they know where to look.
I’m not too picky about a flat iron – I just want it to flatten my hair, smooth it out, get hot enough to do so, have variable temperatures, have a tourmaline ceramic coating, be light, have an automatic switch off… - I could go on forever… :P

To be real, I do only want it to smooth and straighten my hair. Anything in excess of that is spectacular!

Obviously the first place I went comparison shopping is online. Flat irons are expensive! How can anyone spend $300 on something! Actually, it isn’t unbelievable… just inconceivable that I could spend that much…

I also looked into the Conair straighteners… they looked decent, got good reviews on YouTube and on the interweb, so I thought I may just buy one.

I went to Zellers and saw the aforementioned Conair straightener for $34.99. Ehhh. Maybe I’d try Superstore? Maybe Wal-Mart? I’d walk around… So I decided to go into Winners. I absolutely love Winners, it’s like a treasure hunt!

I went to a rather abandoned location in the middle of a workweek, so there was hardly anyone there. Guess what I found!

That’s right, I got this for $30!
A Ti Creative Styling Flat Iron.

The box has the suggested MSRP at $200...






A very successful and happy day for me. I had seen this exact flat iron online for a sale price of $70… Pretty sure I got a bargain. Not to mention the fact it works wonderfully! It even comes with its own little heat-protecting pouch!


Even the nice man at the cashier remarked about how many people were buying the exact one and that they were really popular. Glad I found one!

No comments:

Post a Comment