Friday 18 November 2011

Shopping at... Diaso!


You know how sometimes it gets so cold that you can’t tell if it’s raining, slushing, or if it’s hail mixed with rain mixed with slush? Just another Vancouver morning.

Lesigh.

But on a more positive note, I have something to ease my stress! There a $2 store called Diaso. I love this store, they sell Asian ‘stuff.’ ‘Stuff’ is the best way to describe it… they have EVERYTHING. Food, electronics, cosmetics, accessories, clothes, umbrellas, boxes, kitchen utensils…
But anyway, all their stuff is from Korea, Japan, or China. Their Japanese things are so fn cute I can’t even handle it. I got really nice Japanese serving dishes for $4 a piece (Yeah, yeah I know I said $2, but everything STARTS at $2 and can go up from there).





Anyway I go there maybe once a month or so, just to look at all the adorable knick knacks. The quality of most of their products is quite good… but of course you have to be picky. Truthfully I still avoid buying products made in China… I personally find the quality worse than that of other areas of Asia. You also have to be critical. I’m not going to spend $2 on a coaster when I can spend $2 on THIS:

It’s labeled as an acupressure bar. It is just that, you hold it over your own shoulder so that the little ‘nub’ thing applies pressure on your sore spots. Super convenient because I don’t have anyone kind enough to give me massages. Plus I find most people can’t apply as much pressure as I like.

I look a little silly carrying this around; my friends’ first question was whether it was an adult toy. Nope, just a handy little invention to ease out those back knots!
I also got a little basin. Nothing too special, but I really like the size (just big enough to fit both my feet inside). Very useful to wash singular pieces of clothing at a time, and I use it for soaking my feet. I have really terrible circulation in my feetsies so I like to get some warm water on them as much as possible.

Love me some weird products!

No comments:

Post a Comment