Monday 28 November 2011

Review: Annabelle Cosmetics: Smudge Paint in Skyline (navy blue) Full Size 2g/.07 OZ


Full Size 2g/.07 OZ

This is awesome! I got this in my November Glymm box and used it the day I got it. I also saw this product advertised in the November Elle Canada, so they’re pretty popular right now. They have 5 different colours in store. I don’t know all the names of the colours, but they have a plum, navy blue (the one I have), black, brown, and like a coppery gold colour. I LOVE cream/gel eyeliners, much more than powder products. I find their staying power is much better.
Packaging:
So cute. There’s a built in brush applicator that you can access by plucking it off of the top, reversing it, and sticking it back into the bottom. Then you have more of a ‘full length’ brush to dip into the glass part. The downside to this is that it makes it kind of bulky for your bag – I’ve had the applicator part pop off when brushing up against something. Also, the glass bottom (the part that has the actual smudge paint in it) has a small top opening. I have to ‘dig’ to get something out, and find it kind of hard to see how much I’m actually getting. 

With flash
Colour:
I wish I didn’t get a navy blue – I have brown eyes so blue is never the first colour I approach – I would have much preferred a brown or plum. However, for the colour I did get, it is a very nice shade. It has a slight metallic sheen to it. It applies very ‘wet’ looking at first, but dries to a matte-metallic.
With some sunlight!
Formula/consistency:
The staying power of this is incredible. When I first swatched it on my hand I couldn’t even smudge it a little bit. I had to use a makeup remover wipe. So you have until the product dries to get the application right, otherwise it is a bit of a pain to remove/fix.

In natural lighting you can't see the metallic sheen quite as much
Overall:
I dig this product! Definitely worth purchasing if you’re on the market for a gel/cream/smudge paint pot product! 8/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment