Wednesday 30 November 2011

Pet Peeve of the Day


Slow drivers who pull out of a driveway/side street RIGHT in front of you to continue going their speed when you’ve got NO ONE behind you.

Why didn’t they just wait the additional three seconds for me to pass? They’d have so much driving room behind me!

Didn’t they see me coming? I’m driving a little bit above the speed limit, and they’re going well under it. Maybe their depth perception is awry and they can’t gauge that I’m coming and coming closer to them… ‘oh, maybe I should pull out when they get closer to me…. Okay NOW’

Not only is it irritating to have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting their bumper clean off, it is extremely dangerous. Many people do not pay attention to the road directly in front of them 100% of the time. I definitely take a look at the scenery on the sides of the road, especially if I don’t think anyone’s pulling out in front of me! If someone has a slower reaction time, their eyes off the road, excessive speed, or a single distraction, their car is going to get hit!

It’s pretty easy to just tell people to be careful out there, but let’s also be considerate.

If I see someone waiting to pull out onto my lane, I assume they are NOT going to do so if they have pulled up to the street, slowed, and STOPPED. If someone is fully stopped, I do not think you’re going to suddenly accelerate to pull out as I get closer to you!

I don’t like honking my horn. I only use it if I feel endangered, or scared. You scared me sir! You were fully stopped but pulled out in front of my car as I was nearly perpendicular to you.

I apologize for my shocked face, I know I got quite animated. But please be careful, Unexpected danger!

Be careful kids. Even if you do everything right on the road it doesn’t account for the actions of everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment