Thursday 17 November 2011

Facebook Chat replacing MSN replacing ICQ...

I used to have a blog, which seemed like forever ago. It's still bookmarked for convenient access, though I haven't for about 4 years.

A lot can happen in 4 years, but it seems like maybe nothing did (otherwise I'd surely post about it, right?) so I figured what ended up happening was a lack of motivation, lack of interesting things to say, lack of time, or it could just be that text only blogs were fast becoming a thing of the past.

The future is NOW and now, if there aren't a million+ pictures, fonts, colours, shapes and sizes, people will lose interest and they'll move onto the better tablet, better android phone, better blog. Happens all the time, right? The same way television has gained popularity over radio, how kindles are trying to replace books, how once long ago... a little application called ICQ would uh-oh me instead of having an all-encompassing Facebook doing everything for me...

I don't intend on having a blog that stimulates the masses. I just want a nice place I can share my thoughts and maybe post a picture or two. My old blog got to the point where people would harp on me for not posting regularly enough. I'm sorry, I missed the memo where people who were doing something freely should be punished for not posting at a desired pace and frequency. Haters will be haters, I suppose.

I want to try to stay motivated, stay regular (with the help of consistency and yoghurt) and just have a place to organize my own meditations.

No comments:

Post a Comment