Sunday 27 November 2011

Hurray for: Christmas Craft Fairs


I love craft fairs. I know it’s kind of a stereotypical ‘feminine’ thing to enjoy, but I don’t know if I can help it. I love the festive music, the decorations, seeing what little old ladies can come up with, and most of all I love browsing.

Even if I never pick out a single thing to purchase, I love just looking at everything.
Plus vendors just love chit chatting with people…

I usually go to about 2-3 different craft fairs each year.

I wanted to keep a list of all my favourite fairs in the (general) Vancouver area so I don’t have to scour newspapers in future years.

Heritage Christmas Craft Fair
Early November
Shadbolt Centre for the Arts
6450 Deer Lake Ave, Burnaby
Notes:
Free admission
3-4 rooms of crafts
Crafts are a little pricier

Annual Christmas Craft Fair
End of November
Fort Langley Community Hall
9167 Glover Rd, Fort Langley
Notes:
Free admission
Only one big ‘gym-like’ room, about 15-20 vendors

Christmas Craft Fair
End of November
St. Thomas More Collegiate School
7450 12th Ave, Burnaby
Notes:
It’s pretty big! It is the entire school’s gym and several classrooms. They usually have lots of new (or close to new) books for sale, $0.50 each!
Free admission

Gifts Galore Show
Early December
Shrine Centre
3550 Wayburne Way, Burnaby
Notes:
This show is new for this year, so I can’t say for certain yet!

A great website resource for various craft fairs around town, any time of the year:


No comments:

Post a Comment