Monday 5 December 2011

Best and Worst Movies of 2011 Part 3


Moving right along...
Best Movies of 2011:
11. Insidious starring Patrick Wilson and Rose Bryne
One of the better horror movies I’ve seen this year. I have a theme of horror movie Mondays and I’m glad I watched this. Genuinely scary. 

12. Paul starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost
Hilarious! I love Simon Pegg and I like his demeanor. Very silly and inane story with very fun outcomes. 

13. The Lincoln Lawyer starring Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Philipe
I love John Connolly’s novels, and I’m glad this was adapted. I was surprised by how much I liked this! I’ll probably watch this again, the first time I saw it was during a plane ride so the screen was miniscule. 

14. Scream 4 starring Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette
I just think this is a must see for anyone who has followed the rest of the Scream franchise. Also it’s just a good time. 

15. 50/50 starring Seth Rogen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Anna Kendrick
This was funny! I enjoy almost every one of Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s films, and this is no exception. It is poignant, beautifully filmed, and touching. Another plus is that it was filmed in beautiful Vancouver!

Glad I don’t have any more Worst Movies to list…

Honourable Mention (watch if you get a chance):

1.     The Way Back starring Jim Sturgess, Colin Farrel, Ed Harris, and Saoirse Ronan
It was a good movie, but very depressing. It was long, dark, moody, and intense. All about survival and banning together for a goal. 

2.     Source Code starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan
This was enjoyable to watch. I found it got a little receptive during the middle of the film (okay, I get the point already!) but it was a nice psychological thriller/action. I wasn’t a fan of how it ended. 

3.     X-Men First Class starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Kevin Bacon, and Rose Bryne
Great brainless action movie. I love X-Men and have followed the comics and the tv-show. I think this one definitely had enough action to entertain anyone and it is miles above and beyond X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It explains a lot of the backstory of the characters, so I enjoyed the history review. 

4.     Cowboys and Aliens starring Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Sam Rockwell, and Olivia Wilde
Another good brainless action movie. Good movie stars. If you like spaghetti westerns or alien movies, this is for you. 

5.     Contagion starring Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow, Marion Cotillard, Laurence Fishburn, and Bryan Cranston
I watched this because of all the stars in the film. I’ll admit it. However, I do like the odd ‘epidemic scare movie’ such as Outbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment