Thursday 22 December 2011

December Glymm Box!


Very excited to get my Glymm box a day earlier than predicted, just in time for Christmas!

It was a very nice box; I got pretty much the same as everyone else (I got both hand creams instead of the mask).

Yay for:

Jelly Bellies (I cannot for the life of me discern which flavours these are. Some kind of red fruit and coconut I think).
I devoured these in minutes.

Yves Saint Laurent La Parisienne Perfume                    7.5ml/.25 OZ
This actually smells really nice, and I’m surprised that I like it. It is a more mature scent, and it seems more nighttime than a everyday perfume. Very feminine and floral. It also comes in the most adorable bottle. I’m a sucker for packaging and I used to collect mini perfume bottles, and this will go nicely with my collection!

Sula Beauty Natural Lip Gloss in             Why Stop Now         Full Size        /.5 OZ
This is a wonderful colour. I was afraid I’d get a pale pink or peachy one, and I’ve got too many of those. My lips are quite pigmented so darker/deeper tones suit my skin tone better. On Sula’s website it is described as being brick red. It has a slight cherry scent that doesn’t linger on the lips, and zero taste. Not too sticky, and it is surprisingly moisturizing for a lip gloss. It’s supposed to be made from natural ingredients so that’s awesome.

Glymm Gift Code
Hurray! This is for $10 off. I’ve been meaning to purchase something online from the Glymm store, but am always hesitant because some of their stuff isn’t cheap. However, I am not sure if I can combine this with my accumulated Glymm points (if so I can get about $30 off a purchase).

Meh:

Ahava Minteral Hand Cream                                             20ml/.68 OZ
I don’t go through hand creams very quickly… I have one or two large tubes of it and can never seem to run out. I welcome hand creams, but they’re never on the top of any list. This definitely has a nice smell, and it is extremely softening.

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream                                           15ml/.5 OZ
Another hand cream. This one smells like fruit. Not like cream that smells like fruit, but it smells precisely like fruit to me. This one is slightly greasy, it took a good 10 minutes for this to sink in before I could grip anything. Both hand creams will go into my purse for convenience. I’m going to try really hard to use these up!

Overall impression of December’s Box:
I liked this box. The perfume sample and lip gloss impressed me. It wasn’t overly festive or Christmasy, but I think the $10 code really is a plus. Also, reading up on competitor’s boxes, it seems I did get mine on time (other people are still waiting on tracking information! Yikes!).

No comments:

Post a Comment