Thursday 1 December 2011

Review: Mereadesso Face and Neck Toning Gel


I first got this in my September Luxe Box and ignored it at first, I merely left it in its little sample pouch. Recently since my skin has been getting dryer and flakier, I have needed to take up the ante and really look for some more serious moisture. 

So I pulled this out of my Luxe Box and squeezed the sample pouch into a larger sample container I had around.

The full thing retails for $120. That’s asinine. I would never pay that, or even approach a counter that sold a product for that much. I believe in investing in things I know are good for me, but that’s too much for a little container of ‘toning gel.’
I have been using it for about 2.5 weeks straight now. I don’t use a whole lot; the sample has given me plenty of uses. I put a dot on my forehead, and a dot on each cheek.

Smells and looks:
It’s blue! Interesting. Smells very slightly citrus, but what it really smells like, is that it will tingle. Can’t describe it too well, because it boasts having 20 antioxidants, 8 vitamins and minerals, and 16 botanical extracts. So it smells like that, I guess.

Immediate thoughts:
It felt kind of thick, definitely not a thin gel. Which is probably why my dry skin disappears as soon as I apply this. It leaves my face smelling distinctly fresh for a few minutes, but then the smell fades. It felt a dewy finish.

After a couple weeks:
I think this is okay. I have mid-twenties skin, so anti-aging and firming is not my priority. It definitely leaves my skin hydrated and it feels nice after using it. Another bold claim is that it’s pretty much a primer-serum-day cream-everything else in one. Don’t know about that… I rarely use all those things on my face anyway. The only complaint I have about this gel is that it left me oily after a few hours (3-4 hours). I did have to blot then powder after a bit. After a particularly long day I felt the extreme urge to wash my face – it just didn’t feel as clean as I wanted – so I did, and felt much better. I like my skin to feel like slightly moisturized skin when you touch it, and this wasn’t great for longer days.

Highlights:

  • Looks and smells interesting
  • Moisturizing
  • Dewy finish

Lowlights:

  • Left my skin oily after a few hours
  • Expensive

My verdict:
I’m so glad I got a sample of this… There is no way I’d go out of my way to purchase. And honestly I’d regret buying this myself. Not only because it isn’t the best gel for me what with how oily it left my skin, but just because of the price. I couldn’t justify spending that much on something that didn’t satisfy all my skin’s needs 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment