Tuesday 13 December 2011

Pet Peeve of the Day


Fast food places or takeout places that only carry foods with a megaton of carbs.
 

Sometimes I go through a stage where I just want to eat healthy. And usually that stage lasts quite a while. Can’t help it, this body needs its veggies! But for some reason most places that aren’t sit-down places only have carb-rich foods. 


I get it, carbs work because they’re cheap and because they are extremely filling. So yes most people love ordering a burger because it keeps them satisfied and they feel fuller for longer. Sometimes, however, it feels like a gigantic wadded rock of dough is just sitting at the bottom of my stomach.

Where can I go for quick, easy, and cheap food? Unfortunately I am a little picky about salads (why people always suggest salads is beyond me since I can make them at home for a third of the price) so I gravitate away from them toward more substantial meals.

The usual thought process is as follows:
Pizza. Whole pile of stuff on bread.
Donairs. Stuff wrapped in bread.
Pasta. Stuff on little pieces of bread.
Burgers. Stuff in between bread.
Chicken Strips. Stuff baked in mashed up bits of bread. 


Grumble! Maybe if lamb skewers were cheaper I’d just eat those every night. Mostly I’m just upset because I had grilled cheese sandwiches two nights in a row and now suddenly my craving for heavenly melted cheese is gone and my need for healthy grub is screaming at me.

1 comment: