Saturday 3 December 2011

Today I... Did all my Christmas decorating!

I love Christmas. I love Christmas music, Christmas decorations, Christmas themed things, Christmas food, Christmasy drinks, Christmas everything...
 

I'm not a huge fan of the cold weather, but I am a fan of how festive I feel when it starts getting frosty out there. So today - since it is dry out - my family and I got together, pulled out 8 strings of lights and got the tree ready to decorate! 

The fan gets the star treatment too of course!

Outside we strung up lights up the banisters leading to my front door, and left the lights out to power up (they're solar powered lights so it takes like 2 full days to charge).

We also strung up the magnolia tree that's in the middle of the yard... it always looks a little sparse because our tree is so tall, but we spun the lights around the thicker branches near the bottom of the tree and it looks... at least decorated. Hahaha not that great, but it still looks like its full of spirit!

Inside our mantel got the Christmas treatment too!

Love Christmas-y candles!

Piano never misses out.


None of the presents under the tree are for any of our family... it's just the perfect place to put presents for others before they're distributed. Plus it's nice to imagine they're all mine. I'll keep dreaming. 


Every year my family buys a new Christmas decoration or a new set of decorations. It's a tradition we've had since before I was born. So we have a lot of pretty old decorations, but I have such a sweet spot in my heart for them... So I bunch them all together near one lower section of the tree so I can bond with them.
All done for this year! The star on top is always crooked...
Then I had rumballs because I was losing energy then I fell asleep anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment