Tuesday 20 December 2011

How I... Dress for Concerts

I am an extremely anal-retentive and OCD. I tend to overthink everything that requires even the smallest bit of planning.

I think my mother totally fosters this when she asked me earlier, ‘what are you going to wear out tonight?’

My usual thought process is as follows:

‘hmm, it’ll be cold out on the streets when I’m walking around, but super warm inside the venue… and then I’ll have to carry my clothes, or stuff them in my bag. Which means I have to bring a bag big enough. Which will be heavy. Maybe I’ll just suck it up for the walk… but when we finish he show the walk is pretty long and I’ll get cold… maybe I’ll bring gloves and a toque instead of a sweater? Or maybe a scarf? Yeah I could stuff my scarf into my bag, a smaller bag… and I’ll have to bring water because I get thirsty, but what if the door people stop me and make me throw it out?’

And it continues like that for about half an hour.
I just have so many things I feel like I have to consider! For instance, I’m short. So I can rarely if ever see over the heads of the people in front of me. A BIG THANK YOU to those giants to check behind them before they settle in front of a shorter person. 

So I think to myself, ‘maybe I’ll wear shoes with a heel so I can see a bit better, but I want to be comfortable since I’ll be walking and standing for hours…’
And so it goes…

It isn’t as if this is my first concert, or even close to it! I just like being prepared… I’m like a boy scout.

No one ever makes fun of me when the show’s over and someone’s thirsty and I’m the only one with water…

Eventually I just say screw it and wear what I always wear to concerts. Stick with what you know.

·      A shirt (long sleeved for winter, sleeveless for summer)
·      A hoodie (thick for winter, thin for summer)
·      Leggings (or jeans)
·      Boots (comfortable ones: I’d rather see less and be comfortable than see an inch better and be suffering)
·      A bag with all the trimming

Concert Wear


Cotton shirt
$60 - witchery.com.au

Kill City graphic t shirt
£59 - farfetch.com

Dorothy Perkins black legging
$39 - dorothyperkins.com

Black knee high boots
$65 - dsw.com

Clear handbag
$30 - modcloth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment