Sunday 18 December 2011

Hurray for: Potter's Christmas Store


I should just tell everyone to go there and leave it at that.

For anyone who likes gardening/Christmas/decorations/bath and body stuff/trees/wintertime you should try visiting this place once in their lives.

There are different store locations, but the biggest and original one is located at 19158 28 Ave, Surrey BC.

It’s not easy to intuitively find, so I totally GPS’ed this before leaving. It’s in the middle of some farmlands, and it’s a pretty big plot of land.

It has U-cut Christmas trees at Christmas time, and it has a huge Haunted House around Halloween.

I forgot to bring my camera so I totally neglected to take any pictures, but if I could project my memories onto blogs I would, it is so magical.

It is HUGE. They have employees handing out samples of coffee and hot chocolate, and they have a Santa’s workshop for kids to get their pictures taken. In the back they have a toy section where a lot of their items are highly discounted… but most of their stuff is pretty costly. I understand that Christmas ornaments can get quite intricate, but some ridiculous decorations go well over $200 (for a lighted Snoopy and Woodstock doghouse).

Every year I allow myself to get a treat for myself. Last year I got a cute pillar candle of a snowman for $1, and this year I got a LED rainbow light-up mini Christmas tree for $3! I am a frugal shopper and I always seem to find places that carry such expensive things…

Note: parents bring all their screaming children here because it is quite magical and they want their kids to sit on Santa’s lap… it can get noisy, and busy underfoot. I’m sure I stepped on three kids who decided to sit down in the middle of the store. The kids seem interested for the first 10 minutes before starting to howl to go home. Yikes.

Go check out their website: www.pottersonline.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment